Corporate Rewards is delighted to announce the appointment of David Gould as their new Managing Director, with Sean Wilkinson moving into the role of company Chairman with immediate effect.
“Corporate Rewards continue to provide leading edge incentive and reward & recognition programmes to all industry sectors” commented Sean Wilkinson. “David is ideal for the role of Managing Director from an experience perspective and his extensive knowledge within the industry made him a perfect fit to lead our company onto the next level.”
David returns to the UK, having spent the past four years as Managing Director of channel reseller Insight in Germany. David joins the role having spent over 20 years in the IT industry working with the likes of Dixons, MicroWarehouse and BT.
On coming into the business, David remarked “I'm extremely pleased to join the talented and dedicated team at Corporate Rewards. It’s an attractive business with great potential and I relish the opportunity to lead its next stage development.”
David will build on the success Sean has created over the past 12 years, together with Directors Daniel Kelly and Juliet Caswell. He will be responsible for driving the business forward and guiding the company to be true thought-leaders within the industry.
Let’s meet the man behind the title:
- Born in Salisbury in 1969.
- Graduated with an honorary degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Westminster.
- In 1993 he joined a near start-up company in the UK, MicroWarehouse, one of the first IT catalogue retailers, as Corporate Account Manager where he focussed on selling Apple hardware and Mac 3rd party products and accessories primarily to publishing and media sectors.
- He was then promoted to the role of Corporate Sales Manager for MacWarehouse before moving into the role of MacWarehouse Business Manager in 1996. MacWarehouse quickly became the largest Apple and Mac related products reseller in the UK and as MicroWarehouse acquired more companies a restructure saw David promoted into the role of Product Merchandising Director for the MicroWarehouse Group of brands in the UK.
- In 2002, David joined the Dixons Stores Group as Trading Director for PC World Business which later developed into the role of Commercial Director for the wider group, DSGi Business, following the acquisitions of MicroWarehouse and Equanet.
- David then moved onto BT plc as Commercial Director, responsible for dabs.com and BT Business Direct.
- In 2010 he joined Insight (Nasdaq. NSIT) as Managing Director, responsible for their German operations which included the Country Business and the EMEA Shared Services based in Munich.
- After three and a half years and following the acquisition and integration of inmac GmbH into Insight Germany and moving the entire business onto a new ERP platform David handed over the reins to a native German business leader and decided to look for new opportunities which would both leverage his leadership experience and allow a move into a new industry sector.
- In 2014 David joins Corporate Rewards.