Top Christmas gifts via your employee incentive programme
There are so many benefits to employee incentive programmes, and seasonal times are good opportunities to make the most of them. With Christmas fever already ramping up, I thought I’d take the time to share with you my top picks for rewarding your staff this year, with something to suit everyone and every budget.
What makes a good gift? It needs to have value for the recipient – not just monetary value, but something that’s of use to them; in essence, something they want. If you’re offering the gift via an incentive and rewards programme, the gift your employees are choosing might be for them to give to someone else.
A good gift will also do your business a big favour. Rewards and incentives have been proven to:
- Enhance workplace productivity
- Improve retention / reduce attrition
- Increase employee engagement
- Increase productivity
- Reduce absenteeism
- Strengthen and imbed core business values
Perfect for parents (or aunties and uncles)
It’s Christmas morning and the kids are up and about.
- If you need a bit of peace and quiet, the Suki Silver Tag Limited Edition Bear is an engaging new friend for any child this year.
- For children who like to keep it real, check out our Adopt a Meerkat pack; they can learn all about their new ‘pet’ without you having to worry about any mess!
- Alternatively if you want something to bring smiles to any child big or small on Christmas day, get them their very own Inflatable Minion (Bladez).
Hot for the host and hostess
Now that the kids are entertained, it’s probably time to get in the kitchen!
- If you fancy a bit of a treat then why not cater to everyone’s taste buds with a special Christmas hamper like A Touch of Class from Virginia Hayward, which has a great array of treats and tipples for all the family.
- Even when the turkey has been devoured and the roast potatoes are no more, in my house there is always room for cheese! The Richardson Sheffield Heart Shaped Cheese Board is the perfect serving platter.
- When you can finally relax and admire your Christmas tree, you’ll be pleased you added those extra special hints of sparkle with the Swarovski Christmas Tree range of decorations.
Unwrapping the grown-up gifts
I think these will be among the most popular gifts this year:
- For the ladies you can’t go wrong with a great perfume – like the Paco Rabanne Lady Million Gift Set, a perfect Christmas treat.
- If you want to indulge your lady friend, explore the new Auren jewellery range. I particularly love the Auren Sapphire & Diamond Slice Bracelet.
- A practical yet stylish gift idea for workaholic types is the Swarovski Classic Leather Organising Agenda.
- And not forgetting the gents: considering the growth in popularity of the micro brewery, anyone can get involved if they have the Kilner Complete Lager Starter Set, which is also available for Ale and Cider.
- If you or your man have ‘overdone it’ in the festive season, get on the golf course with an Open Fairways Privilege Card.
- However, if all that fresh air isn’t really your thing and you just fancy relaxing, pop on your favourite Christmas songs and play through a brand new Jarre Aeroskull Nano Speaker.
The hard-to-buy-for gifts
If you still need a couple of ideas or you know someone who has everything, let’s not forget that this year’s top techie items make fabulous gifts.
- The Apple Watch is going to be a huge gift success this year.
- For the gamers out a Sony PS4 Console and Game Set will be much appreciated.
- Or for something a little different, see the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition, which can accompany its recipient on their Boxing Day walk!
The benefits to business
The gifts I’ve recommended have all been selected from the extensive range that is available in our Christmas Reward Shop. If you are looking for a quick way to treat or reward someone, our shopping vouchers and Prepaid cards are also guaranteed to be a hit.
I’ve only scratched the surface of the power of staff incentives and how they can improve your success – for the full list see our employee recognition page.